Cambridge

Thursday, August 23, 2012

311..


It came...I saw...they conquered!! I went to my 12th 311 concert last night. Glorious!! They played at Usana Amphitheater with special guest Soja and Slightly Stoopid as the openers (meh, I never really care to go early for opening bands though the last few songs I caught from Slightly Stoopid did sound legit). This was 311's tenth year playing at Usana, and interesting to note, they are the only band that has played at Usana ten years in a row! And yes, you can bet your bottom I've been there for every one. #Loyalty. Oh, wait...hashtags don't apply to blogs. Anywhoo, it's crazy how long 311 has been around and have been able to tour every year thanks to their dedicated fans. And luckily, doesn't sound like that's stopping any time soon! Nevermind the fact that the band members are over 40.

This year the weather was perfect and made for such an enjoyable evening. Previous concert weather in Utah has ranged from dying of heat in a tank top to bundled up in a sweatshirt and beanie. Ridiculous. So, thank you nice August weather! The only thing that could have made my night better was having Jake with me. Sad but true...he was unable to attend, but instead of making preparations for divorce, I gave my brother a jingle knowing he'd have an extra ticket. Sure enough, I got the golden ticket and we siblings attended together. Aww, presh. The new addition to my concert-attendance this year was my good ole pal, iPhone. My pics didn't turn out the best, even though we were on the fifth row behind the pit gang, but the three videos I recorded turned out awesome!...I think, at least. Oh, and they do get a little shaky here and there because you can't expect me to just stand still for 3 minutes during a 311 concert!

Let's take a looksy at some of the concert, shall we?...

Tim (guitar), Nick (vocals/guitar), SA (vocals), Chad (drums), Pnut (Bass)
 
VIDEO #1:  My Stoney Baby
  
One of the evening's gems! Music album 93'...
"The songs I sing they don’t mean a thing
If you’re not there to hear it but then 
Soon is the time, you’ll be by my side"
(Compliments of a Twitter friend)
VIDEO #2:  All Remixed Up 
 
One of my all-time fave 311 songs with a twist...
"Now it's morning but last night's on my mind
There's something I need to get off my chest
And no matter what may come to shine
The dream will always be mine"
(Compliments of a Twitter friend)
Video #3:  Random
Another gem of the evening, going back to their blue album from 95'!
"Sound boy gonna rock you" 
 
Other faves that they played that I would've loved to record were Time Bomb, And A Ways To Go, Coda, Champagne, Homebrew, You Wouldn't Believe. They have so many good songs! It's hard to ever be disappointed with their setlists...they have dozens of songs to choose from and such a wide-ranging sound. It's been great to see their evolution from album to album, and I'm looking forward to many more! Love my band!!! Thanks for the years of great music and positivity.     
Until next year...

No comments:

Post a Comment