Cambridge

Monday, November 3, 2014

What a Hoot

I gave in and tried something new this year...foam pumpkin carving. It's so not-traditional and makes me feel like a traitor to the real pumpkins sitting in boxes in front of the grocery stores, but a $50 fake pumpkin on sale for $15 at Jo-Ann Fabric was too good to pass up. (Those savings, right?!) My main reason for wanting one this year was because I just don't have time to carve a real pumpkin with Mr. Jetty Jettson running around everywhere and having to chase after him with pumpkin guts all over my hands...especially because my typical carvings take an average of 4 hours! We moms just don't have that kind of time to block out. So, spending $15 on a no-gut pumpkin sounded like a worthy investment, and I'm happy to report it was. I can't say it really was that much easier to carve with my profesh carving set I bought a couple of years ago, but I did like how smooth my carving lines were afterwards and the one mistake I made was easily fixed with superglue instead of toothpicks. What I am most proud of is having a permanent pumpkin to display every year alongside my real pumpkins and very much like that it can be in my home lit up instead of shunned to the cold porch.

No comments:

Post a Comment