Cambridge

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown

Seriously, it's half way through December already?! Well, according to this post, it will say November because I'm sneaky and posted it back in the past so that November doesn't feel left out and show zero blog posts. Let's rewind back to Halloween since it was an eventful holiday that should not be missed being spotlighted! ......zzzrrrrrwwwweeeerrrrrrrrr......(rewind sound)
Halloween!! I was extra excited for the holiday this year because of Jett. My little sweetheart was THE cutest Charlie Brown on the planet! I made his costume and found a stuffed Snoopy for him to carry around in case there were questions of what he was dressed up as. (A friend who shall-not-be-named thought he was a crayon. What?!) Jett got to go to my work trick-or-treat and was such a busy-body! Of course he didn't understand the candy part at every treat bowl we stopped at, but he did eventually learn to drop the treat into his pumpkin bag after taking one from each treat bowl. He wanted to explore everything! I think the trick-or-treat was definitely more work for me than him. Thankfully, Jake was around to help.
Once we were home, I raided Jett's candy bag and picked out a few that I thought he'd be ok to try (and of course the rest went to me...especially that lime Tootsie Roll). He sure loved it! He very much enjoyed eating his Twizzler straw and then got a mini 3 Musketeers candy bar and a Dum Dum sucker...which, as expected, made a slobbery, sticky mess. He was worn out by the time it was bedtime.  
During the week of Halloween, we were able to go to Hee Haw Farms in Pleasant Grove with our friend group. All the kids were dressed up in their costumes, so we as parents were all going snap-happy on our cameras. They were all so flippin' adorable! They got to enjoy petting farm animals (with the added bonus of Jett stepping in a combination of goat/sheep/chicken poop), going down a slide on burlap sacks (which Jake was volunteered by me to do), playing in a corn pit (except Jett didn't get to participate because he wanted to eat the rock-hard corn kernels instead), and a wagon ride at the end of the evening (the part where my buns froze). It's so fun being able to do activities with our friends so our babies can all get together. It is so enjoyable and rewarding seeing them interact. I'm excited to see what next years' costumes will be! We might even step up our game and do some neighborhood trick-or-treating...of course with myself raiding Jett's candy bucket afterwards.
Claire the owl; Winston the astronaut; Charlie Brown Jett; Superman Wesley


You're a winner, Charlie Brown! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment