Cambridge

Monday, November 17, 2014

Utes vs. Ducks

Someone had a VERY happy birthday, and that person was Jake. For his birthday (November 13th), all he wanted was tickets to the University of Utah football game against the Oregon Ducks. He even banned me from buying any gifts so that all money for presents could go towards tickets since they would be more pricey because of it being a coveted, sold-out game. Well, I'm an antsy person and want to buy things ahead of time, so it was frustrating sitting around waiting for ticket prices to drop on KSL. I don't like last-minute plans! But, I was forced to like last-minute plans because it wasn't until the DAY OF the game that we found the right tickets for the right price. Thank you, rich person in Riverton selling their season tickets! 
And did we luck out! We ended up ROW 4 on about the 10-yard line!! Jake was beaming with glee, and I was feeling the excitement too being so up close with crazed season-ticket-holder fans all around us. The screaming and cheering was unreal! As Jake phrased it, "You can actually hear the action this close!"...referring to helmets slamming together when there's contact. I guess he thinks being able to hear the violence makes for a better experience. Of course, I was focused a lot on the dance team and cheerleaders throughout the night, wishing I was back in my spandex pants alongside them.
 

The game ended up being a real downer for Utes fans by the end, but Jake enjoyed all of it because he was rooting for both teams, being that he's from Oregon. While all of us Utes fans were silent (followed by cursing) as the Ducks scored touchdown after touchdown, Jake couldn't help but hide his smile and chuckles. Oh, that Oregonian of mine!
Oregon won 51-27

No comments:

Post a Comment