Cambridge

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Don We Now Our Gay Apparel

Ugly Christmas sweater parties have been popping up over the last few years, and I have only had the privilege to attend just one...and it was only because I was the one to arrange it. So, you can imagine my excitement this year when I found out Jake's work Christmas party is ugly sweater themed AND my work party. Time to strut my stuff! If you could have only seen some of the Christmas sweater gems my nana used to wear. One in particular that stands out in my memory was an ivory over-sized knit sweater with sequin Christmas light bulbs all over in an assortment of colors...we're talking like 4-inch big a** bulbs, and I'd bet you a Klondike bar that it had shoulder pads. A true beauty. 

Unfortunately, as I was rampaging for it through mother's collection of closets she's taken over since being an empty-nester, I was deeply saddened to hear that my mom had gotten rid of nana's fugly sweaters shortly after her passing. Even all the sweaters I used to wear as a child are no-more: no more moose sweater, iron-on kittens in Santa hats, homemade button-up Christmas vest, and even my red velvet Santa vest and skirt from singing group days couldn't be found. If only we could've predicted this fab coming back in style, then all those precious items wouldn't have been given to DI. I am left only with a red sweatshirt my mom used to wear that has a plaid Scottie dog on it, which really, is pretty cute...I just wish I had a turtleneck and leggings to go with it. Regardless, I am excited just to finally be a part of ugly sweater parties and hope they are everything I dream of.

Here's to looking merry and bright, and wishing Jake and I could look this awesome!...minus the freaky baby goat.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment