Cambridge

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Thanks-birthday

Updates! I'm behind on my posts. How have I not posted anything yet in November?! Shame on me. Before this month ends (tomorrow), I'm fitting in a post or two. 

Post, begin...

Hubby Jake celebrated his birthday November 13th. He chose Rodizio Grill for his schmancy dinner outing, and I sure didn't complain...until afterwards when I was overly stuffed full of various meats, salads and delicious Brazilian limeade to the point where I thought my stomach was going to burst. Mmm, hungry now typing this. I love you top sirloin! It was a simple birthday celebration on a Tuesday evening, ending with presents and cake afterwards. Birthday highlights include: Jake liking 2 of the 5 shirts I bought (that's a big win for me); feeling awkward explaining to Gage that the Steve Martin Twitter book I gave Jake is a funny "adult book" so he couldn't be filled in on what we were laughing about; discovering that Nothing Bundt Cakes is a fabulous bakery and the marble cake with cream cheese frosting I bought for Jake was the most amazing cake ever and now I'm plotting one for my birthday; also discovering that the birthday candles I bought that advertised as having colored flames were full of BS, as clearly seen in the photo below. 
HaPpY BiRthDaY!!!
 
Side note: Jake did blow at all the candles out in one blow. What a champ! Additional side note: Clearly Jake is not turning 12 as the number of candles imply, so regardless of blowing out all candles, his wish might be voided...which might be good since he probably wished for me to smother him less. Not happening!

The other excitement November brings is obviously Thanksgiving. This year was definitely out of the ordinary since we were not able to spend it with my parents, who of course we rely on to do all the cooking. No, they decided to have a huge family party with my cousins out in Colorado at my Aunt and Uncle's new South Western adobe-style, half-million dollar mansion they just bought. Did I mention it's a half-million dollar mansion? Ahh! Why did we not go, you ask? Because dear sweet Jacob was assigned to work at the hospital on Thanksgiving!...only to find out at 5 a.m. ON Thanksgiving that he no longer needed to go in. Good hell. So, instead of rushing to pack our bags Home Alone movie style and venture on the 8-hour drive to Colorado, we stuck with our plans and prepared a wonderful meal for the two of us...no, wait, make that three of us because we were nice and invited my brother to join us, having pity on him for also missing out on the Colorado festivities. 
Our Thanksgiving consisted of the Macy's Day parade (I get emotional when they show Santa at the end...wow, pathetic), delicious feast complete with mac n' cheese, watching 21 Jump Street, and deciding to venture out into the madness of Black Friday shopping ending up a new 40" Samsung HDTV for our bedroom, a DVD player, new vacuum and power drill. Well worth our hour and a half wait outside in the cold with other crazy people. It ended up being a nice holiday, and I was thankful to have a wonderful hubby to spend it with. Now bring on Christmas and MY birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment