Cambridge

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

T-Minus 1.5 Days

Early Thursday morning, the fam, parentals and I shall be making our way to gorgeous Yellowstone National Park! I had been several times when I was younger, but probably all before age 12...which, of course, means I don't remember much except for maybe seeing a buffalo out the window and my parents threatening my brother that if he touched the hot pot water then his finger will turn purple and fall off. (And did he touch it? He most certainly did!...and then held his finger for dear life the rest of the day, terrified. Haha.) So yes, I do have a few treasured memories here and there, but I'm pretty darn excited to see everything now with my "adult" eyes and really being able to understand more about the unique geography, formations and all that geothermal shenanigans.

Bring on the wildlife so I can squeal with joy! Bring on that rotten egg smell from the awesome geysers! Bring on smashed penny machines so I can get a souvenir! Bring on being in the car with my parents for 8 hours!...wait, no, I take that one back.

A few faves I found online...these are seriously incredible!

1 comment:

  1. So FUN! Make sure you make time to see (which means sit around and wait for...) Old Faithful! Ha Ha! Very cool, and worth waiting for. Luckily about 10 feet from this beauty there is a huge lodge, with a great gift shop, and delicious snacks!

    ReplyDelete