Cambridge

Monday, April 29, 2013

Boy, oh boy!

I think this post is pretty self-explanatory, right? Last Tuesday, Jake and I went to my ultrasound appointment where it was confirmed that our upcoming baby Jones is indeed a boy! It was a bit of a shocker...and I'll leave it at that. :)

During the ultrasound, the radiologist lady did all sorts of things besides just tell us the gender (which wasn't until the very end because apparently baby Jones did not want to spread his legs and show his naughty bits). Pictures were taken of baby's brain, heart (we could see all 4 chambers), spine, aorta, kidneys, cranium size, etc...all to check that he is growing healthy and normal. It was a crazy appointment, and not what I had expected as far as the pictures went. I thought I would see a baby with facial features and didn't expect such skeletal pictures...baby's skin is still transparent so I think the radiologist explained that is why they do this ultrasound around 20 weeks because the organs are fully developed and can be checked for any problems before the skin completely develops. Seeing the spine was crazy! And baby was very active for his picture session. I think it may have been due to my drinking Sprite before my appointment, which is rumored to make the baby more active for an ultrasound. I'm saying it worked. One second he was posing for the camera, and then the next second he decided to flip over to be in some other position where we'd have to reposition the monitor to find him. Oh! And we could clearly see baby opening and shutting his mouth every now and then. Whoa. I think one of the funnier moments was seeing my full bladder on the ultrasound as this big, black bubble next to curled up, squished baby and right after the radiologist had me use the restroom to empty myself, baby suddenly had a lot more room to spread out and decided to have his legs out straight. I think the cutest pictures we were able to take home with us out of our bunch is a couple different foot print pictures. Baby feet are kind of cute. Aww...

Later that day after my appointment, I had Paradise Bakery make a giant 12" cookie to surprise my parents and Gage with that evening. Our surprise was the first time Gage was hearing the news, so he was the most excited to hear about a little brother on the way. I don't think a day has passed where he hasn't mentioned it or asked questions about the baby such as, "Is Junior kicking yet?"...Junior?! Oh heavens. Note to self: Gage does not get to be included in nick-naming or naming the baby.

So now, the nesting period begins! Boy stuff here we come.

1 comment:

  1. Love it! I am so excited for you guys!! Can't wait to see what little baby Jonesy looks like! Are you going to be posting any pics any time soon?!?!

    ReplyDelete