Cambridge

Friday, April 5, 2013

And it Starts...

Well, my curiosity about maternity clothes has arrived. It's not that I'm busting at the seems, but sitting down in buttoned pants isn't the most comfortable. I decided to go see what all the fuss was about...negative fuss, I might add. It seems that the few comments I've heard from previously preggo peeps is that they hated maternity clothes shopping and that stretchy waist pants felt like they were falling down all the time. They couldn't be that bad, right?
 
Luckily, the new outlets at Traverse Mountain by my house have a maternity store that I could venture off to. I went to Motherhood Maternity (Jake accompanied me...aww) and found a plethora of bright and colorful spring clothes just waiting for me to buy. The store ladies were so nice and helpful, loving the fact that this was a first for me and giving me words of encouragement like, "Don't let the clothes freak you out." After gathering up an armful of clothing, it was time to try them on. I...was...in...heaven! Everything is SO comfortable and light and stretchy. I hate shopping--especially trying clothes on--but this was a great day. I loved that I didn't have to feel guilty about being chunky and that size blah-blah-blah was too tight. These clothes expect you to be chunky! Deal. They even had a small, round belly pillow in the dressing room you could stuff under your shirt to help you visualize your upcoming Buddha belly. Hilarious. So, after a good half hour in the dressing room, a runway show for Jake, and a few dollar signs later, I had purchased new clothes that I just love! I vowed to even shop there when I'm not pregnant because the T-shirts were the most scrumptious material ever. The non-pregnant store rep lady does and you'd never know it. So even though my plan was to save my clothes for a few weeks when I'd more appropriately fill them out, nope, I like them too much that they shall be put to use pronto. Yay! See the Princess Jasmine colored green shirt? FAVE.

1 comment:

  1. They look super cute and sound fabulously comfy! Congrats. :)

    ReplyDelete