Cambridge

Monday, November 7, 2011

Our New Humble Abode...(That I'm not so humble about! Hear me boast!)

Who knew a few weeks could fly by so fast! Quick update...on October 14, Gage turned the big 8 years old! He had quite the party over the weekend, which included a pizza and bowling outing to Fat Cats with our family and friends, as well as a surprise visit from Grandpa Jones and Uncle Jaem from Oregon! Gage was very surprised and was happy to see them since it's not often. (Oh, and can I just add that we had THE yummiest white cake from--hold your breath--Walmart! (Gasp!) Who knew? We thought we were totally cheapies by getting a cake there and it was freaking delicious! So, touché.) After the party mayhem, my little cousins Tristan and Aiden got to have a sleepover with Gage at our new house! (House story to follow...) The house was empty but we set up a huge tent for the boys in Gage's room and they stayed up until almost 1 in the morning feasting on candy and playing Legos. They thought they were pretty hardcore staying up til "the next day." Ha! Next up, baptism on the horizon! Posts to follow once that comes along.

Gage with Grandpa Jones and Uncle Jaem. Gage thinks the ball is heavy!
Here's Gage (in the hat), Tristan (in the tent), and Aiden (in the back not looking social).
Ok, on to the subject of our NEW HOME!!! It's been a battle of 8 months for this short-sale home and lives were almost lost, but finally, we were able to close on our dream home at the beginning of October and were officially moved in by the 22nd. YAY!!! No more sharing one bathroom with two smelly, messy boys!...ok, Jake isn't that messy. We went from Jake's little 2-room duplex to a spacious 3 bedroom, 2.5 bath townhome with an unfinished basement and 2-car garage. Heaven, I tell you! Simply heaven! It is an end unit so although it is a townhome, it honestly feels like a real home in our own space. We're excited to have so much space, live in a developing area, have Gage be able to finish out his elementary years at his new school (which we enrolled him in at the beginning of the year so he wouldn't have to switch in the middle of the school year) and hopefully start planning for new little bundles of joys over the next couple of years...and I'm not talking about laundry bundles. Whoa.

Anyway, as much as I would love to post pictures of our home with our current furniture and taste in it, there are still boxes and things needing to be unpacked! It is rather cluttered in areas right now, and I want to make a good first impression to all you avid readers (all 2 of you)...so, I'm instead going to post a few of the model pics that were posted on realtor sites when the home was for sale.  

And now, I present to you...the home of Jake & Jenny Jones!

(We removed that hideous satellite on the front! Seriously, who chooses to put a satellite dish where everyone can see it? Grrr...)
(We kept the gray color, but painted it a bit darker...our furniture is definitely different.)
(Visualize toaster oven and canisters added. Nobody's counters are this clutter-free.)
(How cute is that mirror and vanity in the half-bath?! I know. Love!)

HOORAY!!! Isn't it adorable?? Of course it is! Yes, yes, I know I didn't post pics of the bedrooms or bathrooms, but seriously...the model pics are not very good of those, not to mention Gage's room and bathroom is girl themed in the model pics. Can't show off that! Our bedroom sets are sooo much snazzier, so once they are box-free, I will take pics and post some. Deal? 
And that, I guess, concludes my second post! Over and out.

6 comments:

  1. Yay! So excited for you. I'm still waiting for the invite for the grand tour....

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting! I love it! I'm a little bit jealous, but I keep telling myself that it snows there (no thanks). So is the 3rd bedroom a guest room? I need to come visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anna- I DO have a guest room just for you! It has my purple Twilight bedding in it, all of my 311 posters, and fat stuffed animal kitty sitting on the bed. Jake won't let me hang up my giant Bella and Edward poster...yet. Haha. I might even like the room more than our master bedroom because it has all my fun stuff in it. Hurry and come here! It hasn't snowed...kinda...sorta...not a lot. Hmm, spring time?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats guys! I love your new home, especially the open kitchen and love the entry way and half bath! The boys looked cute in their tent. What a fun party for Gage! :) Hope you enjoy your new home/life! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Jenny! Your new home looks so nice. You look happy and I am happy for you. We need to get together soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. SUCH a cute house :) and even better in real life! We contacted the realtor... but now I am nervous. Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete