Cambridge

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Birthday de Jacob

First off, I'm proudly announcing I've been listening to Christmas music for about a week now. YIPPEE!!! (Side note: My fave Christmas song is O Holy Night. Second side note: Josh Groban's version or Celine Dion's is phenomenal! I usually get goosebumps. And third note: I can't stand when people call goosebumps "goose pimples"! It's just wrong.)

Ok, now that that's covered, onto our recent events! Jake celebrated his (top secret age) birthday on Sunday the 13th. Yes, we all have our birthdays back-to-back...Gage in October, Jake in November, and mine finishing up the year in December! For festivities this year, we did our own hubby & wifey date on Saturday night where I took Jake to the Blue Iguana in downtown Salt Lake City. It turned out perfect! The food is so delicious. I enjoyed enchiladas with mole poblano sauce instead of the traditional red or green sauce--this is more of a deep red chile sauce that is rather sweet in flavor. So tasty! Oh, and we both ordered non-alcoholic margaritas that were beyond fabulous...I had to order two and plotted a third. We also got to enjoy Spanish songs sung all evening by an older couple accompanied by only their guitar. It reminded me of the dinner scene in Lady and the Tramp, only this was the Mexi version. Cute, huh?! It was a very enjoyable dinner outing, and the only thing that could've made it better was if I had taken a picture of us at the restaurant! Grrr. After our delightful dinner, we headed to see the movie Moneyball. It was just great! Hello, Brad Pitt. Hello, baseball. Nuff' said.

Then, on Sunday we did Jake's birthday celebration #2 with the family, and Jake decided he wanted us all to go to Cafe Med (our fave Greek restaurant) instead of cooking at home. It was yummy, as always, and I think my parents actually enjoyed it too. Such tasty meats and rice! But not so fun to attempt pronouncing names on the menu. Kubideh? Tzatziki? Spanikoplta? You've got to be kidding me...the only Baba Ghanooj I know is Vince Vaughn in Wedding Crashers. Don't worry, I played it safe with lemon chicken kabobs and a long ground beef log that seriously looks like....
Anyway, afterwards it was back to the house for Better-Than-Sex Cake that Jake loves me to make, ice cream and presents. He was quite happy about his Home Depot giftcard, Your Highness DVD, comfy Nike sweat pants, and plenty of kisses from me! Overall, a fun birthday weekend for my hunny that I'm glad he enjoyed. Love my hubby!


1 comment: