Cambridge

Thursday, April 9, 2015

Easter Buddies

Since Jake and I would be gone over Easter weekend (post to come!), we took the kiddos to Lehi's Easter Egg Hunt the weekend before so I wouldn't feel too guilty about Jett missing such a fun Easter tradition. The weather was so nice that Jett even got to wear one of his new summer outfits, even though the matching shorts were a bit too big for his buns. I was a little worried lil' gipper wouldn't know what to do during the egg hunt, but he was a champ and picked up the concept pretty well and ended up with a nice basket of eggs to show off. No pushing or shoving other kids needed, which I was fully prepared to do to make sure my boy got some eggs! I also thought for sure that Jett would have some Dug moments (dog in Disney/Pixar's Up) where he'd be heading for an egg but then get sidetracked by a leaf or twig on the ground instead...squirrel! But surprisingly, he did great collecting eggs with some help from dad. I recorded the adventure, and it is precious! (Note: I'm fully aware I overuse the words "precious" and "cute" when talking about my Jetty Roo!)
 
 After the egg hunt, we went back to our house with my parents, who tagged along, for grilled hot dogs and brats and my scrumptious Chinese chicken salad that I devour. So delicious! I love that summer feels like it's on its way. We also gave the boys their Easter baskets, which had quite the variety of goodies. They both got summer flip-flops (Nike vs. Carter's), two T-shirts (Tony Hawk & Puma vs. firetruck & pirate ship), and a DVD (Dennis the Menace vs. The Aristocats). In place of lots of Reese's or Butterfinger eggs for Jett, he got a musical circus book, a dinosaur, and a fun frog toy that stands up that you put ball toys in his mouth that then spiral down a ramp and back out. For Jett's basket, Jake also found a package of jelly beans with Mickey Mouse on it, so Jett did get to have those for a treat, which of course he loved. Meanwhile, I'm enjoying the leftover Reese's and Butterfinger eggs.
Jett's Easter Egg Hunt Video: 

No comments:

Post a Comment