Cambridge

Friday, September 19, 2014

Numero Uno!

 Happy 1st Birthday Jett!
My little Jett turned 1 year old on September 13th! I can't believe my little boy is just that...a little boy! Where did the time go? Where is my baby? I have to shop in the toddler section now? All these changes! I had his party planned for months because I was so excited to celebrate this milestone. I planned an airplane theme, because of course airplane stuff is being forced on Jett! Love it. First things first, I designed our party invites to look airmail-like and even made a simple airplane graphic from scratch. I think they turned out pretty darn cute, and they tied in perfectly with everything I had planned.
Our invites stated that a "complimentary in-flight lunch" would be served, which I had individual boxed lunches planned. Each boxed lunch included a Blimpie sandwich (mine & Jake's fave sandwich place), bag of chips, assorted fruit cup, and even a mayonnaise and mustard packet along with the wrapped up utensil. They were such a pain to put together the morning-of since we couldn't pick up our sandwiches until a couple hours before the party, but they turned out exactly how I wanted. We then had peanut and pretzel packets to munch on and a beverage bin, complete with every water bottle being wrapped in the red and blue striped airmail washi tape I used throughout the party decor.
 
 
We had a sheet cake for guests and then Jett had his own homemade cake that Jake made. His turned out awesome! For cake toppers, I searched everywhere for cheap, toy airplanes and couldn't find anything! I finally had to settle on buying some of the Disney Planes but repainted them to match our party colors. They ended up looking very cute, and I was happy they worked out. The other goodie I made for the party was chocolate airplane suckers. I didn't get a good picture of their display but you can see a peek of them in the red and white striped popcorn bucket in the picture above. I thought they'd be a fun party favor, and they sure were!
 
Jett was so cute eating his sandwich. I didn't expect him to just pick it up and eat like a big boy, but he went to town on it. Good eater. After we got lunch settled away, we decided to do cake festivities before opening presents. In true fashion, Jett was a complete mess by the end! Luckily we had taken his shirt off in advance to spare his outfit. He started off taking some tastes of the cake with his finger, then gradually went into tasting it with his whole hands, which lead into taking handfuls of delicious Funfetti cake and squishing it around. He soon figured out that the whole thing must be his and you could tell he thought it was probably the most delicious thing he's tasted. By the end, the cake was demolished and he had frosting up his arms, in his hair, and smothered all over his eyes and face. He was not a happy camper when it came to cleaning time. I was not a happy camper we didn't have a bath tub to toss him in.
 
 
 
Present time! Jett was SO spoiled. My heavens. I didn't expect so many big and great gifts. We had Jett help open presents by having him pull out the tissue paper in gift bags and tear wrapping paper pieces. Some of the gifts he ended up with were wooden blocks, ball popper school bus, jumbo John Deere dump truck, musical instrument set, some books, football jammies, and we used grandparent birthday money on a few chunky puzzles and musical rocking horse giraffe that is the cutest thing ever. Jett's presents from Jake and I were a stuffed Mickey Mouse (his favorite on TV...he waves to Mickey) and a red firetruck Cozy Coupe car. He LOVES his car! We now have it in our living room to push him around in, and he'll sit in it with his Mickey and watch TV. Drive-in movie at home! So precious. 
 
It was so fun to be able to celebrate Jett's birthday with our friends (oh, my parent's were on a cruise for their first grandchild's bday!!..no anger), but it was also nice to have the day come to an end. It was very busy and some things didn't go as smoothly as planned, but I'm happy all turned out well for the most part and Jett had a fun, memorable day...memorable on our part. Ha. After his party, we went back home to get some final birthday pictures before Jett was too pooped for anything else (we didn't have time to get any before the party). He was exhausted! I love all the pictures we have and just love my little Jett so much. Can't believe a year has gone by! I'm such a proud mommy.
♥ Happy 1st Birthday, my sweet boy!! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment