Cambridge

Friday, January 4, 2013

New Year, New Look

In lieu of the new year, my blog got a schmancy new makeover. Hi, new blog! For my first post of 2013, I thought I'd share a picture of my Christmas cards I sent out to family and friends. My first card sending session ever! I'm so mature and married...nevermind the fact that I just sent them like 2 days ago and not before Christmas. That's what happens when you decide to place an order on December 17th. Anyway, on the back of the card, our family's top 10 highlights from 2012 were printed, so of course those must be shared on here as well since it's important you all know we do cool things. I find this a perfect way to start the new year by taking a look back at our special moments this past year and waving them goodbye in hopes for more great moments to come...because really, twenty-twelve was kind of a B overall, despite my fun list. Welcome 2013! 

10. Jake successfully completed his 1st year of nursing school in the spring. He's now in his 2nd year and one busy guy. 

9. Gage is half-way through 3rd grade and loves it. He doesn't have a girlfriend but he does have straight A's!

8. In March, Jenny dragged Jake to Las Vegas for 311 Day at MGM Grand.

7. For Easter, we met Jake's parents in Carson City, Nevada to visit his grandparents.

6. Jake and Jenny celebrated their 1st wedding anniversary on May 20th. Both have committed to another year or two. 

5. Gage played his 4th season of baseball in the spring, advancing to Coaches Pitch and playing on a real baseball diamond all season.

4. Jake landed his first nursing assistant job at Intermountain Medical Center--the largest hospital in the Intermountain West.

3. In July, we vacationed to beautiful Yellowstone National Park with Jenny's parents followed by Lake Powell and Bryce Canyon over Labor Day weekend. (Her parents must like us.)

2. Gage participated in his first primary talent show. He did a self-taught hip-hop dance to MC Hammer.

1. In October, we celebrated being in our new home one year! Thank heavens for a garage during the winter.

2 comments:

  1. Love your Christmas card! (and the blog) (and your sense of humor). You guys sound and look like you're doing awesome, and that's great to see/hear. :) Wish we could get to know Jake and Gage better and spend more time with you. Maybe one day! Love you and Happy New Año!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the new look!! I noticed it first thing :) then I read about it. Haha, Jenny you are cute. I miss you. I love the snippit about no girlfriend but straight A's. I wish you were my mom, I'm serious. Best Motha Around. Also, gage is the cutest that he did a hip hop dance to MC Hammer. Haha!

    ReplyDelete