Cambridge

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Flash Forward (not the TV show)


Hello again blog world! I realize I have been away far too long and decided to do a quick post on what's been going on in the Jones household...well, at least some of things that have been going on...nevermind that giant cluster cuss of a mountain we've seemed to have stumbled upon that insists on sticking around for months to come and also insists on eating up all the money in our wallets. It's like an irritating, annoying house guest who has clearly overstayed their welcome and isn't getting the hint that they're seriously the worst person to ever touch foot on God's green earth, which is my reason for not wanting to spread posts of joy on here when there. is. no. joy...ok, breeeeath! On the positive, non-suicidal side of my current schizo split personality, here is some joy to spread! (I picture myself in a Tinkerbell tutu frolicking in a flowered meadow gleefully tossing handfuls of sparkles and rainbows for no other reason than just being damn happy and I look awesome...let me frolic!)

- Jake officially completed his first year of nursing school and finished off with an impressive 3.6 GPA! I say "impressive" considering one of his achievements from the year included being the official butt-cheek-spreader-holder-person for a whopping 15+ minutes on some old person while the ole' chap had some work done down under...and I don't mean in Australia. That alone deserves passing grades! Bless his little heart...and bless that old person's bum.

- Gage is finishing up his second grade year this week and had a dance festival today where his grade level performed to "Eye of the Tiger." Nothing makes a parent beam with more pride than seeing their wee youngling practice punching and kickboxing moves to "Dun! Dun-dun-dun! Dun-dun-dun! Dun-dun-duuuuun." What a thrill of the fight...his air jump rope is spot on.

- Father Lieber celebrated his big 60th birthday this year at the beginning of the month. As much as we would've loved to plan a Roast for him like they do on Comedy Central to celebrate his momentous occasion (which is really code for "a justified occasion to make fun of said person and reveal their most embarrassing moments"), it just didn't happen and instead resorted to buying him a giant foil balloon that said "Oh no! The big 6-0!" Those clever balloon phrase people. Happy Birthday dad!

- Jake, Gage and I spent Easter weekend in "exotic" Carson City, Nevada to visit Jake's parents and grandparents, the later whom I've never met. Our time was spent time adapting to the local culture by practicing BB gun shooting in the backyard, visiting an old mining town where some of the people didn't realize Halloween already passed so the saloon girl and Wyatt Earp costumes were sooo yesterday, Grandma Jones purchasing a coon skin hat for Gage so he can look like a bona fide nomad who now needs a slingshot in hand and a couple teeth blacked out, and listening to Jake's grandpa talk about his heroic WWII days and "those damn Germans"...and then hear the stories again because of his early onset of Alzheimer's. Good thing it wasn't disclosed I am one of those damn Germans. Poor grand pappy may have suffered a heart attack.

- Jake and I celebrated our first anniversary on May 20th!!! We spent a night up in our beloved Park City and enjoyed a most anticipated delicious steak dinner date at Prime Steak House. I knew it 'twas fate that we were to dine there the moment I stepped out on to Main Street and 311 was playing in the air. Bliss. Besides dinner, other Park City events included some shopping at the outlets and the World Market (which I was uber impressed with!), a dozen red roses waiting for me in our hotel room along with a gift and bottle of bubbley chilled in the fridge, a delicious pizza lunch date the next day, and some other events typical of an anniversary that I'm not allowed to disclothes...I mean disclose. Hooray for year one!

- Jake and I purchased a grill for our anniversary (thanks to the $ generosity of my parentals) and put it to good use instantly. I think Jake feels more complete as a man now having a grill around...he's been deprived ever since we moved into our home in October. Now that he has his other half (no, not me...I said grill, not girl), he's fixing to invite the whole neighborhood over for grilled feasts. If you'd like an invite, please put your name on the waiting list and you will be contacted at a later date. In the meantime, we just need to get Jake a more manly grilling apron since he's currently been using my 1950s style black and white polka dot Susie Homemaker dress apron. I hope that accurately depicted the image. He is precious in it.

- In my excitement for warm weather a few weeks back, I purchased bundles of colorful flowers to plant in a planter box I had Jake custom made for our front porch. I am quite fond of my botanic masterpiece that I so skillfully planned and secretly think that our neighbor who "just happened" to purchase a potted flower assortment shortly after only did so because she saw my wonderous floral gem. Well, hers wasn't custom made...so there! Oh, and our front dirt-patch area now has bushes. Uhh-dorable. Grow little planties, grow!




 And this concludes my updates. End Tinkerbell frolicking sequence.

1 comment:

  1. All your blog post haven't been showing up on my board. I've been feeling out of the loop. I was excited to read all the fun things you guys are doing. Pretty flowers!

    ReplyDelete